Our inspection process meets the industry standard set by IDEA 1010-B for incoming inspection. Our warehouse staff undergoes annual training to make sure they are up to date on any developments in the industry and new inspection techniques. Our warehouse, and our warehouse staff are all ANSI/ESD S20.20 certified, and handle all components accordingly. They have a set verification checklist that applies to each and every part that comes into the 10,000 square foot warehouse.
Responsibility for Verification
The Shipping & Receiving personnel are responsible for performing incoming inspection, parts verification and packing & shipping processes. Only personnel trained & qualified in receiving & inspection verification and certified per ANSI/ESD S20.20 standards are permitted to perform these processes.
Verification of Products
Verification of all products starts at receiving; all parts, paperwork and packaging are photographed and validated during the first step of receiving parts in house at Freedom USA . Any issues identified with the packaging, parts or paperwork whether it is damaged, appears to be tampered with, or is suspect is immediately noted and entered into the inspection system. All photographs and initial inspections on the packaging, paperwork and parts is entered into TALON and available for the next step of verification.
Unless otherwise requested by the customer and with approval of the Director of Quality or Operations Manager, the default requirement for parts received in factory sealed packaging from all sources of supply is that all packages are opened and parts are verified per industry & customer requirements, as well as the manufacturers specifications. In all cases where there is a request to deviate from standard operating procedures, authorization must come from either the Director of Quality or Operations Manager.
Verification Requirements for Packaging
Once the parts are through the initial inspection, they begin their official visual inspection. These steps for verifying packaging include:
· Ensure Date Code on packaging or parts matches date code required by the Purchase Order
Look for grammatical errors.
· Ensure that ESD and MSL sensitive devices are packaged in appropriate containers.
· Verification of tubes, reels, & trays etc. to ensure the parts were properly packaged and there is no damage.
· Verify that there are no Cracks or Damage to Casing
· Verify that packaging is clearly marked with content.
Verification Requirements for Parts
Our requirements for verifying parts include the following at a minimum:
· Make sure the packaging is consistent throughout, parts are facing the same direction etc.
· Ensure Part Number, Date Code, and Manufacturer on the parts match those specified on the Purchase Order.
· Verify Manufacturer Logo, Manufacturers Name and Part Number matches the manufacturers specification sheet.
· Validating country of origins is consistent throughout same lot/date codes.
· Look for grammatical errors on parts, labels and packaging.
· Verify the dimensions of the parts meet the manufacturers specification.
· Verify the parts have not been altered in anyway, whether it is secondary coating, added blacktopping, ghost markings etc.
· Verify Physical mold features, part surface, indents and if they appear to be scratched or have sanding marks.
· Verify that leads are not scratched or have marks from lead straightening or removing the parts from boards.
· Verify all pins/leads are consistent
· Verify that there are no Missing Leads
· Verify that there are no Bent Leads
· Verify that there are no Solder Dipped parts
· Verify that there is no excess Solder on Leads
· Verify Program Number on parts
· Verify that there is no Corrosion or Oxidation on parts
· Verify that there is no Tarnished Leads (Discoloring)
Each level of verification above is photographed and observations noted. Freedom Sales uses as internal Inspection Check List we developed to ensure all required inspections are completed, all observations noted, and each step of the inspection is given a Pass/Fail score.
Identification of Status
Freedom USA has strict controls, processes and guidelines in place specifically for Accept/Reject Criteria. Non-Conforming, Rejected or suspect parts are identified with a HOLD or REJECT label as applicable and are placed in the quarantine area and processed per Freedom USA internal procedures for the control of non-conforming and suspect parts.